Health, Safety & Environment Policy
· Ensure the education, interest and awareness training of new employees in safe working methods before the assumption of duty.
· Ensure that the organ’zation is a safe place, and the environment, facilities, equipment and substances are subject to safe systems of work to prevent risks tohealth or safety.
· Promote personal responsibitity and effort on the part of everyone to avoid and prevent health hazards and injuries to themselves and to others who may be affected by their acts or omissions, and to co-operate with the organization to comply with its duties, requirements and statutory obligations.
· Ensure the use of defensive driving techniques by car drivers and machinery operators.
· Ensure that safety is a time management responsibitity.
· Health, Safety and Environmental Care are core values of Arar INFRA Conatrcting Co and a firm basis for our long-term success and business leadership. The health and safety of our employees, and environmental stewardship, continues to be the first consideration in the operation of our business. Our facilities share the common goals of safe and healthy work conditions, pollution prevention, conservation of natural resources, the reduction of green house gases and the implementation of effective waste management practices.
· All injuries, illnesses and work-related incidents can and must be prevented. Each of us is responsible for achieving this goal. Safety, health and environmental care must be part of every operation.
· We believe that no circumstance justifies a violation of health, safety, or environmental requirements or behaviors that neglect our employees.
· Safe work is a mandatory condition of employment in our Company. without question it is every employee’s responsibility at all levels.
· It is the intent of our Company to comply with all health, safety and environmental Local laws and other requirements.
· We will maintain safety, health and environmental management programs conforming to the best practices of organizations of this type with a strong commitment to continual improvement. To be successful, such programs must embody the proper attitudes toward injury, illness and pollution prevention, not only on the part of supervisors and employees, but also between each employee and his or her co-workers. Only through such a cooperative effort can a health, safety and environmental program be established and preserved.
In ARAR, Managers at all levels of the Company are responsible for:
· Demonstrating proper safety and environmental behavior at work through their personal example;
· Supporting and encouraging safe behaviors by employees and contractors, as well as ensuring that the Company is taking the required actions to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors in the work place;
· Maintaining open, two-way communications with employees on health, safety and environmental issues;
· Driving continuous health, safety and environmental improvements at Companywork places, production units, and across facilities;
· Taking into consideration the possible risks and requirements related to health safety and the environment when making management decisions.
· Each employee, without regard to his or her position or profession, must:
· Follow all safety and environmental requirements applicable to his or her work, including the proper use of personal protective equipment;
· Immediately stop unsafe actions, without regard to who is performing them;
· Take all applicable measures within his or her control to eliminate hazards which are discovered in order to protect peoples health and safety. If such measures are not possible the employee must report the hazards to his or her manager;
· Immediately report to his or her manager all safety concerns related to the work being carried out, as well as, all incidents which present a hazard to people, production, or the environment.
· Display and publicize this statement and review it at least bi-annually.